Can teething cause fever in 15 month toddler?

Dr. Ted Poczatek
Dentistry

In brief: Fever yes

A fever from teething is possible, baby oral gel can help with the symptoms.

In brief: Fever yes

Dr. Howard Schneider
Baby oral gel just numbs the gums. Better to give me a cold teething ring to chewvon
Dr. David Sullivan
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Fever with teething

The connecction isn't known but the symptoms are strongly correlated. You can treat them simultaneously. Ibuprofen is more effective for teething than tylenol (acetaminophen). Both will help the fever. Keep the fluids coming. If you prefer tylenol (acetaminophen), it is important you do not give your baby more than four doses of Acetaminophen per 24 hours.

In brief: Fever with teething

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Teething and fever

Many people believe so.
My feeling is that babies breath through their noses, they can't blow their noses properly and asa result there is a back flow of mucus to the middle ear where an ear infection can occur with fever. Hence the connection.

In brief: Teething and fever

Many people believe so.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Teething itself does not cause fever. Elevate baby's head 30 degrees or > during bottle feeds to prevent reflux of fluid into middle ears.
Dr. Cindy Juster