I have a feeling of tightness, fullness like a knot just below belly button?

In brief: Some possibilities..

Feeling a knot of tightness near the belly button.
.. Probably not in the skin, so the next layer is the muscle... Maybe a muscle strain from sit-ups or other exercises. Not likely to be a hernia there unless there is a bulge. Under the muscle layer are the intestines... Maybe some intestine contraction or spasm, due to no particular reason or to constipation. A doctor's visit can sort things out.

In brief: Some possibilities..

I'm most concerned that this is a variant on an umbilical hernia. Get it looked at now before it gets serious.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Could be many

Things from constipation, to bladder retention, diverticular disease, if you are female can be uterine, only a more detailed history and physical exam can help pin this down.

In brief: Could be many

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Keegan Duchicela