How can you help your stomach bounce back from taking long term antibiotics?

Dr. Chris Oh

In brief: Acidophilus

Antibiotics and kill good bacteria in your colon causing problems.
I recommend acifophilus or lactobacillus supplements. Also goes by the name florastor.

In brief: Acidophilus

Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Yogurt & Probiotics

Our GI tract is filled with bacteria, many we need to help us digest & absorb our food.
Many antibiotics will kill off your good bacteria along with doing its job to get rid of the bad ones. You probably need to the good ones back. You can do so by eating foods with bacteria in it. Yogurt is a very good source. Probiotic pills have good bacteria in them, but be sure to ask your doctor about those.

In brief: Yogurt & Probiotics

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Arnon Rubin