I have burning in my lungs when just breathing normally, a sore throat, and a burning pain when I cough. Is this pneumonia?

Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Could be

This time of the year a viral infection is more likely to produce these symptoms and predispose for for bacterial pneumonia.
A chest xray would be helpful.

In brief: Could be

A chest xray would be helpful.
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Dr. William Walsh
If this is going on for a while it is likely not pneumonia, but reflux or another process. A chest X-ray is helpful, as is seeing your physician.
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibly...

There are many disorders that can lead to these symptoms including pneumonia and bronchitis.
As there are other disorders that can lead to these symptoms as well, you need to be evaluated by a doctor. If your symptoms worsen or you develop difficulty breathing, go to an er for an urgent evaluation and so treatment can be initiated. Avoid smoking as well. Good luck!

In brief: Possibly...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Adam Smith