Why does my knee swell and pop?

Chondromalacia. There are different potential causes of swelling and popping of the knee. Patellar chondromalacia, or irregular cartilage surface of the kneecap is a common cause. Other possilibities include a loose body in the knee, a torn meniscal cartilage, or arthritis. Orthopaedic cons ult may be necessary to assist in treatment.
Knee swelling, pop. Check with your orthopedic surgeon. Consider arthritis, meniscal tears, loose bodies, synovitis, osteochondral defects, gangion cysts, bursitis, acl/pcl, mcl, lcl sprains.