If I plan on having a c-section, what can I do to prevent a wound infection?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine

Use an over the counter anti-bacterial soap on the lower abdominal area at lease 1 to 2 days before the caesarian section and do not shave the area of hair. Let the or team do the hair removal prep immediately before the delivery.

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Donny Peterson
Dr. Chin is correct. Also, keep the dressing in place until instructed to remove it, no baths until after your OB clears it, and wash your hands before any dressing change. If you have a history of skin infections (MRSA), your OB should be informed.

In brief: Quit smoking

And if you're a diabetic, ensure your sugars are well controlled.
Many hospitals will have you bathe the night before with a special soap. Don't do any hair clipping yourself. They'll take care of that in the or.

In brief: Quit smoking

Dr. Denny Rodenberg
Dr. Denny Rodenberg
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care