Im a nuring mother to a 9 month old daughter. Should I be wearing a bra all day and night? Im a size 38dd. Sometimes its just easier to not wear one.

Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Should?

I assume you mean would it hurt your breasts not to & i would say, no, do what's comfortable.
Your breasts are going to change w nursing no matter what your wear or don't wear.

In brief: Should?

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Eric Chang
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: May help with droop

Wearing a bra may help with breast droop or ptosis.
The more you wear it, the better you have support to help fight against gravity. Don't torture yourself though!

In brief: May help with droop

Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Eric Chang
Dr. Robert Stroup
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Wear one

The excess weight of the milk engorged breast tissue puts undo strain on the skin envelope and can cause it to really stretch out.
I don't think you want that.

In brief: Wear one

I don't think you want that.
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Support

You should support your breasts, especially when they are heavy and engorged.
Tyr to find a comfortable bra to sleep in - some companies make "sleep bras" for that reason.

In brief: Support

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Juris Bunkis
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Just day time

At night, while you're laying down, there isn't a lot of downward pull on your breasts and there isn't any need to wear a bra.
Let them breathe!

In brief: Just day time

Let them breathe!
Dr. Juris Bunkis
Dr. Juris Bunkis
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Support

Good breast support will help avoid breast sagging and skin stretching.

In brief: Support

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Rakhi Dimino

In brief: Bra and nursing

You do not have to wear a bra at night, but sometimes having a little support with large breast can feel better. You could try a tank top with a shelf bra built in that is not tight.

In brief: Bra and nursing

Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. David Hopp
Prolonged DD enlargement without support can lead to striae or stretch marks
Dr. Keyian Paydar
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: As much as possible

To hopefully prevent droopy breasts in the future (and a breast lift procedure), it is a good idea to support them with bra as much as possible during the day.
Over time, the weight of the breasts and the gravity will put a stretch on the breast giving them a droopy look. People with smaller breasts do not have to worry about this as much.

In brief: As much as possible

Dr. Keyian Paydar
Dr. Keyian Paydar
Dr. Adam Levy