I have really bad razor burn..How do I get rid of it?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Cortisone cream
If it is infected it may need topical antibiotic such as bactroban (mupirocin).
If it is just inflammed cool compresses and Hydrocortisone cream will quiet i down and allow new layer of skin to grow in a few days.

In brief: Cortisone cream
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
In brief: Razor bumps/burn
A steroid cream might be applied to decrease inflammation.
Exfoliation may be recommended to remove dead skin cells with retinoids. Insure you use fresh, sharp blades vice dull blades. If hair is > several mm long – then trim before shaving. Wash area before shaving – warm water helps to soften hair. Use a lubricant when shaving. Avoid using products that contain alcohol or are scented. Shave in

In brief: Razor bumps/burn
direction of the hair – not against it. Be gentle when shaving – don’t push down too hard. Moisturize skin after shaving.