What would cause a foul smell with a discharge from the belly button? There is also a great deal of pain in my abdomen.

Dr. Camil Sader
Surgery
In brief: Uracheal cyst
Among many other potentially more serious diagnoses such as cancer, fistulae, ruptured umbilical hernia, etc.
.. The most common condition causing the problem is a uracheal cyst remnant that's draining. Get it looked at. You'll need antibiotics and likely a resection of the cyst if it persists.

In brief: Uracheal cyst
Dr. Camil Sader
Dr. Camil Sader
Pathology
In brief: Rule out Crohn's
My first concern is a fistula between the bowel and the umbilicus, possibly the first sign of crohn's regional enteritis.
A physician office visit is in order.

In brief: Rule out Crohn's
A physician office visit is in order.
Dr. Andrea Brand