Have you dealt much with neurofibromotoisi?

Dr. Amrit Singh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: If
only a few don't worry, if multiple should get brain scan to see if no lesions.

In brief: If
Dr. Amrit Singh
Dr. Amrit Singh
Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics
I have seen so many families I can not even estimate.

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology
In brief: How can we help you?
All board certified dermatologist have had varying exposure to different subsets and severities of neurofibromatosis (nf).
They can help make the diagnosis, excise neurofibromas and coordinate care if needed (ophthalmology, neurology, ent, orthopedics, genetics). They can also monitor for other associated conditions and findings.

In brief: How can we help you?
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
No. Dermatologist. The tumors are in the skin and therefore, it may be wise to see a dermatologist. I would recommend that you visit www.nfnetwork.org to learn more and find a physician who specializes in NF in your area.
Dr. Eric Trumble
Neurosurgery
Neurofibromatosis is a chromosomal disorder. There are 2 distinct types of neurofibroamtosis(nf-1 and nf-2).
Evaluation in an nf clinic will often help in education and treatment. www.ctf.org is the web site for the children's tumor foundation, whose mission is to help those with nf. On their web site is a list of mds and clinics who specialize in nf.

Dr. Eric Trumble
Dr. Eric Trumble
Not much to offer for treatment except few conditions that your doctor may be able to help.

Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: In children.
Many children with neurofibromatosis I have diagnosed with either radiographic, ct, mr, or nuclear imaging.
I had developed an isotopic method of mapping out the neurofibromas in the body in 80s, predated MR imaging which now used for neurofibromatosis involving brain, spine, and extremities. I work with pediatricians, pediatric oncologists, orthopods, neurologists, and neurosurgeon

In brief: In children.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell