I had ACL reconstruction 5 years ago now have burning inside my knee. It feels like I put icy hot on it but I havent. Should I concerned?

Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Hamstring tendinitis
Most likely you still have quad weakness after your reconstruction.
You will still limp with your knee hyperextended when you walk longer periods. You'll have difficulty going down stairs, and you'll have burning down the leg to the calf in the evenings. First, force yourself to stop limping. Second, work diligently on your quads (remember your exercises?) you'll start improving within days!

In brief: Hamstring tendinitis
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Sports Medicine
In brief: Have it evaluated
Burning pain could be related to wear/injury to the cartilage, which could be from the initial giving way injury or from residual laxity if the reconstruction is loose or stretched.
Another possibility is a neuroma (painful nerve ending) in one of your incisions. See your surgeon and get his/her input. Treatments may range from observation to additional surgery so get it checked out. Good luck!

In brief: Have it evaluated
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Dr. Theodore Shybut
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Sports Medicine
In brief: Call ortho doctor
After an acl reconstruction, you can still have subtle looseness in the knee.
This looseness can cause a mensicus ("cartilage") tear which can present as burning or there may be some post injury arthritis present.. It is a good idea to follow up with the orthopedists who performed the surgery or a local ortho doc to examine the knee just to be sure.

In brief: Call ortho doctor
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine
In brief: Acl surgery
Burning pain on the inside of the knee could be due to superficial nerve irritation (saphenous nerve), synovial irritation on the intra articular aspect of the knee or medial meniscal injury.

In brief: Acl surgery
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
When you acl reconsrution few things could happen, arthitis of the knee , the ligment it self could rupp agianst the bone, you should have orthopedic look at it and do possibly MRI to what is happing in the jiont.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine