Will I have a difficult labor due to my bony pelvis?

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO

In brief: Bony pelvis

The baby's head has to pass through the pelvic bones in a vaginal delivery.
If there is a discrepancy between the size of the head and the diameters of the pelvis, you may have either a prolonged labor or an arrest in labor. A trial of labor will determine wheter you will be successful in having a vaginal delivery.

In brief: Bony pelvis

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine

Certain pelvic bone configurations can make vaginal delivery more difficult.
If the sacrum, tail bone area, and pubic bone area are not at a certain distance apart, then the baby's head will not fit through. Also the position of the presenting baby's head can make vaginal delivery impossible. Hence the term "trial of labor" becomes all the more important.

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Jane Van Dis