7 mo old had gerber straw/ban ate 2 bites didn't like it. 4 hours later threw up worse than ever before while sleeping. Allergy? No rashes or fever.

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Food Allergy
The only way to know is to have the child see an allergist for appropriate testing, for you to keep a diary, introduce foods slowly and one new food per week.
There is also something known as food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (fpies) which is most worrisome bc the vomiting and diarrhea can lead to dehydration. Be safe for ur child and c ur allergist.

In brief: Food Allergy
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: Upset stomach
I doubt that this is allergy.
I simply think the food did not agree with your baby's stomach that is why your baby threw it all up, which probably calmed the stomach and rested better.Some babies do not like baby food at all !

In brief: Upset stomach
I doubt that this is allergy.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. James Glauber
This is probably an adverse food reaction. However vomting and GI upset can be a sign of food allergy. In most cases of food allergy there are other symptoms beside the vomiting (hives, facial swelling, trouble breathing).