I was in a car accident a year ago. My neck has been bothering me for about 4-5 months. Could it be because of the accident?

Dr. Rohit Keswani
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: No
A car accident from a year ago would have resulted in symptoms almost immediately or within a few days, not over 6 months later. You should see your physician for further work up.

In brief: No
Dr. Rohit Keswani
Dr. Rohit Keswani
Dr. Hallie Robbins
Neck pain can persist or be related to other injuries from a car accident. I agree you should see a your physician or a physiatrist (PM&R doctor) for evaluation and treatment options.
Dr. David Bozak
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
If you haven't had any treatment yet, x-rays would be appropriate since it was a traumatic event.
Assuming that was done and clear, a course of physical therapy, anti-inflammatories, and possibly a muscle relaxer should help for myofascial pain, which is fairly common in these cases. If those don't work, a neck MRI would give more information.

Dr. David Bozak
Dr. David Bozak
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes it could be
Car accident could cause neck injury or could agrrivate already minor problem in the neck?

In brief: Yes it could be
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery