My wife, age32, weight 93kg, height163cm, has pain in left knee to climb stairs. Ortho suspect chaplin legs. How to confirm and what is the treatment.?

Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Knee pain

If the pain is in the front, anterior, with stair climbing it usually is coming from the patella and/or patella tendon.
This is one of the most common problems in orthopedics. I would recommend that she get on a leg strengthening program. Include exercises for the glutes, hamstrings, quads and calf. As for chaplin legs do you mean bowing ?

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Additional advice

To be sure it is the patellar problemwhich i think it is, have your take an x-ray of her knees with special attention to the pattlar vievs to if the patella tract right on the thigh bone, so special exercise have to be done that.

In brief: Additional advice

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine