I am 7 weeks pregnant and my discharge is almost always a light yellow color, even pre pregnancy. when I read up on this, articles say this is a sign of infection and I should contact my doctor. Do I need to be concerned and should I contact my doc?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Often yes

Vaginal discharge requires an examination to determine the cause and treatment.
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause and often has a vaginal odor. Vaginal itching can be a sign of a yeast infection. Sometimes vaginal discharge can be a sign of a sexual transmitted infection. Testing is important to determine the treatment and keep you and your partner safe.

In brief: Often yes

Dr. Jane Van Dis