Benifits of soy milk?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: SoyMilk

I am not a fan of soy milk.
Yes there are some benefits but studies from asia show that the people that benefit the most from soy are kids who have it all their lives. There was no real cancer protection from additional soy. The best soy comes from natural soy or very little processed soy such as edamame, soy nuts, tofu and tempeh. Try coconut or almond milk.

In brief: SoyMilk

I am not a fan of soy milk.
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
I agree with Dr Patel. Soy is also a phytoestrogen and should be avoided by developing male children as it can cause disruption in normal puberty. It has also be implicated in early puberty in females. Adult males should not consume large amounts as it can cause increased body weight and can interfere with testosterone.
Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice

In brief: Soy milk is great!

Soy milk has protein (about as much as cow's milk), fiber (which decreases the chance of getting diverticular disease and is protective against colon cancer) and it also has something called isoflavones.
These have been shown to protect your heart against certain diseases, help lower LDL (bad cholesterol), and help increase bone density. Make sure to buy fortified soy milk to get calcium.

In brief: Soy milk is great!

Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Soy milk.

(1) Soy milk allows someone who is lactose intolerant to enjoy milk in cereal and such.
(2). Soy milk comes in a variety of delicious favors like vanilla and chocolate. (3) Soy has heart health benefits.

In brief: Soy milk.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Peter Kurzweil