Why is my 1yr.Olds poop so hard everyday that she struggles and pushes to get it out?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Keep hydrated
Make sure your little one stays hydrated when increasing their fiber intake otherwise the increased fiber may just make them more constipated! also pears, prunes and apricots can be helpful with combating constipation.

In brief: Keep hydrated
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Helena Bentley
At this age, they also have some control, so as a result they don't go as often which lead to harder stools. Make sure you increase the water and fiber in the diet to soften the stools. The harder and painful it is, the more they try not to have a BM.
Dr. Daniel McGee
In brief: Constipation
Hard stools in a child of that age can be caused by many things but common reasons include dehydration and a need for more fiber in the diet.
A child of that age usually needs about 1.3 liters of water a day. One way to know if your child needs more water is by the color of their urine. It should be somewhere between straw colored and clear. A dr visit is wise in this case for more complete eval.

In brief: Constipation
Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. George Blum
In brief: Homog milk and rice
Change to homog milk and eating apple sauce , bananas and rice causes hard bms.
In brief: Homog milk and rice
Try miralax (polyethylene glycol).
Dr. George Blum
Dr. George Blum
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Glycerin rectal sup
You could try 1 infant size glycerin rectal suppository or 1/2 adult size glycerin suppository.
It's over the counter. I suggest increasing fluid intake and high fiber meals like fruits.

In brief: Glycerin rectal sup
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Cindy Juster