I use mirena (levonorgestrel) as birth control and im only supposed to have one period than I shouldnt have one but im still bleeding & its been a month. Why?

Breakthroug Bleeding. Mirena (levonorgestrel) is a hormonal iud. It may take a few months for this bleeding to resolve. The Progesterone in Mirena (levonorgestrel) makes the womb's lining thinner eventually making your periods lighter.
Bleeding on Mirena (levonorgestrel) Bleeding on Mirena (levonorgestrel) is highly variable. Most bleed and spot for the first few weeks and then periods dramatically lighten with 50% not having a period by 1 year. There is wide variations in the bleeding pattern typical of Progesterone only methods. Irregular bleeding is expected and does not mean the iud does not work. If you are concerned please schedule an iud check with your obgyn.