What type of toothbrush should I use on my swollen gums?

Primarily soft, but. Other than the type of brush, there are other factors that can help you achieve better results.. For example, standardizing the length of time of brushing by using an electric brush (sonicare, or oral-b) which have automatic 2 min. Timer.Also since ur gums are swollen, i strongly suggest rinsing with warm salt water twice a day, better yet dip ur brush in salt water & then brush. & see ur dentist!
Toothbrush. Use soft toothbrush always.
Electric. Use an electric toothbrush very gently until you get improvement. Expect some bleeding - it is normal and an indicator of the level of inflammation present. A sonicare might be best for you. See you Dentist for specific advice based on the findings from his/her examination. Good Luck.
Soft toothbrush. A soft toothbrush is always the best. Unltarsonic or electric toothbrushes work great, just make sure the bristles are soft. Brush twice a day. If the swelling doesn't go down, see your dentist.