My mother- inlaw keeps her small dog in the house 24/7 and it goes to the bathrom everywhere.Is there any serious health risk for us and my 1 year old?

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine
In brief: Not serious
Although unpleasant and smelly, urine is sterile.
Poo can sometimes transmit gastrointestinal illnesses which your toddler could contract by putting his/her hand into the mouth after touching the poo or spot where it had been. These infections are usually mild. You will need to figure out the family dynamics to suggest that your mother-in-law finish house training her dog.

In brief: Not serious
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Lynn Keefe
In brief: No
Just make sure to supervise your daughter and make sure she doesn't find dog feces and eat it! if the dog is healthy and without worms or parasites, you can choose to visit as long as you watch your one year old.

In brief: No
Dr. Lynn Keefe
Dr. Lynn Keefe
Dr. Shontae Buffington