Herpes & pregnancy?

Depends. Risk of transmission from mother to baby is highest if the mother is infected around the time of delivery (30-60%). A c-section can be performed to reduce exposure to the baby of mothers vaginal secretions. Acylovir is recommended to suppress herpes starting around 36 weeks. Vaginal birth is still recommended if there are no outbreaks when you are in labor.
Not big problem. By using valacyclovir or acyclovir, the number of c- sectiond due tomoutbreaks is low. If one has a primary infection during pregnancy there is a chance of fetal transmission. It is not so dangerous as to be routinely screened for in pregnancy. In fact if there was a lesion on your inner thigh, we used to just cover it with tape and deliver, you'll be fine, med after 35 wks if not yet on it.