How can I make the pain go away in my lower back?

Dr. Gary Greenly

In brief: Depends on cause

Low back pain can come from many sources, some of them musculoskeletal, some internal.
A reasonable place to start would be standard xrays, and a urinalysis. Depending on the results from the above, further diagnostics, including a MRI of your lumbar spine may be required to fully evaluate the cause. Treatment could range from physical therapy to surgical intervention depending of the etiology.

In brief: Depends on cause

Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Start simple

I would suggest starting with a visit to your pcp.
Physical therapy may be all you need. There are many less invasive options than surgery.

In brief: Start simple

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Leonard Pace
Pain Management

In brief: Orthopedic consult

An orthopedic consultation would be advisable in addition to MRI in order to prescribe the proper physical therapy program.

In brief: Orthopedic consult

Dr. Leonard Pace
Dr. Leonard Pace
Dr. Vikram Patel