Help please! Is bipolar disorder the same as bipolar spectrum disorder?

Yes and no. Bipolar spectrum disorder is a term used by some psychiatrists to describe a range of severity of bipolar disorder that is possible and seen clinically. However, it is not an accepted diagnostic term for use in medical records.
Not exactly. Bipolar specrum disorder describes varying disorders which have changes to mood & energy level in common. The word bipolar disorder is often used to described bipolar i disorder which is the most severe of the bipolar conditions.