How can people with aspergers deal with people with a mood disorder such as borderline personality disorder?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Confusing

Borderline personality d/o is not at basis a mood disorder, but does have instability of moods/affects as well as sense of identity and relationships with others.
They fluctuate between fears of abandonment and fears of intimacy, and are in general much more distressed than someone with asperger's. In asperger's the person misses social cues, and may not "get" why the borderline pd is upset.

In brief: Confusing

As a psychiatrist, I am often perplexed by the behavior of a person with borderline personality disorder. I just don't think the same way someone who is borderline does. As a result, on a very good day, I am four steps behind. I can only imagine how confusing this could be to a person with Asperger's.