I have an increase in vaginal discharge. Should I be concerned?

Dr. David Sherer
Anesthesiology

In brief: Possibly

If there is pain, foul odor, fever, abnormal coloration or new onset, you should check with your doctor.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Sherer
Dr. David Sherer
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: It depends

Vaginal discharge will change throughout the menstrual cycle and can be a normal sign of the hormonal changes of pregnancy.
On the other hand, vaginal odor can be a sign of bacterial vaginosis. Vaginal itching can be a sign of a yeast infection. Sometimes vaginal discharge can be a sign of a sexual transmitted infection. It is a good idea to get checked out.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jane Van Dis