How do I make my previous broken finger straight? I had a splint but it didn't do the job. Also, my finger still hurts a little. Its been 5 months.

Dr. Mark Deitch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: See a hand surgeon

It really depends on what type of fracture you had and of what bone.
Once that is evaluated, it may be possible for you to improve your range of motion with the help of a hand therapist.

In brief: See a hand surgeon

Dr. Mark Deitch
Dr. Mark Deitch
Saurabh Bajpai
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Not healed?

A splint is placed on the finger usually in causes of minor fracture or partial tear of a ligament, this allows the body to heal the "torn" part.
If your finger is still grossly disfigured there might be "mis-healing" that occurred. Please contact your physician to discuss what would be the next best step for you.

In brief: Not healed?

Saurabh Bajpai
Saurabh Bajpai
Answer assisted by Saurabh Bajpai, Medical Student
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine