I took a Plan B pill jan 1st 2012 I starting spotting and starting birth control jan 17 I haven't had a heavy flow jus still spotting what is going on?

Dr. Sheila Goodman

In brief: Could be normal

If you took the Plan B 1/1, started pills 1/17 without a period, spotting for the first cycle is completely expected.
However, if you haven't had a period yet, you should also check a pregnancy test to make sure that early pregnancy isn't the reason you are spotting. You should remember to use condoms for the first 2 weeks with starting birth control pills.

In brief: Could be normal

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham