I follow every precaution ordered by my urologist but still have chronic uti's. I've become resistant to the top 3 antibiotics. What's my next step?

In brief: Fluids

Drinking more fluids especially water is helpful in preventing or delaying uti's.
Safe sexual counseling is also encouraged such as voiding after intercourse. Have a urological work-up to include an imaging study of the kidney such as a kidney ultrasound and a telescope in the bladder to look for obstruction. If all tests are normal, increase your fluid intake and monitor for infections.

In brief: Fluids

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi

In brief: Further eval

If you have a multidrug resistant bacteria causing uti's, then you need to be evaluated for underlying problems such as undiagnosed stones, dysfunctional voiding, constipation, urethral stricture or diverticulum, and association with sexual activity.
See your urologist for this.

In brief: Further eval

See your urologist for this.
Dr. Michael Louie
Dr. Michael Louie
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham