I'm pregnant and I lose my breath feeling like I wanna faint is it bad? I'm 6 weeks pregnant

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: OBs want to know NOW
I told my OB staff to notify me immediately if someone was faint or short of breath at any point in pregnancy.
Then we would make a plan for the best way to get the patient seen for evaluation and, if needed, treatment. Such spells might be isolated or return. They might be due to something simple or complex. They might be related to pregnancy or not. It's difficult to know without exam.

In brief: OBs want to know NOW
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Clinical Lipidology
In brief: Not typically
Drink plenty of fluids. Please see your doctor for reassurance.

In brief: Not typically
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Pregnancy hormones change how you breath with faster, shallower breaths. That can make you feel short of breath without it being a problem.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine