What can I do about chronic pain after a hernia surgury, and my pain meds are bearly working....I cannot work be a husband or a father anymore please ?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: See surgeon

Pain as severe as you describe is very unusual after hernia surgery.
See your surgeon.

In brief: See surgeon

See your surgeon.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Lot's of Options

I am sorry to hear about your pain.
Many different things may be responsible for the pain including normal post surgical healing, nerve injury, or even a recurrent hernia. It is critical to return to see your surgeon so that they can sort this out. Sometimes, a simple intervention can resolve this pain completely! good luck.

In brief: Lot's of Options

I am sorry to hear about your pain.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen

In brief: Depends on kind of p

Besides pai from illioinguinal or genitofemoral nerve entrapments many other reasons can cause pain after hernia surgery such as pubic osteitis.

In brief: Depends on kind of p

Dr. F. Enrique Alvarez
Dr. F. Enrique Alvarez
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Pain after surgery

This is definitely not normal.
You should contact you surgeon and be seen very soon as to why you are having the pain. Is there a complication or an infection. Be persistent about getting answers and help. You should not have to suffer with chronic pain.

In brief: Pain after surgery

This is definitely not normal.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Eric Weisman