I hv two kids, my 1st delivery was cesarian n 2nd one normal but I took epidural, now I hv a bad back pain, what treament I want to take?

Dr. Karen Sibert
Anesthesiology

In brief: Should get better!

Don't worry unless you have severe pain that is associated with numbness or weakness.
Pregnancy puts strain on your back, and there may be tenderness for a while where the epidural was placed. A heating pad, massage, and Ibuprofen or Naproxen will help. As soon as ok with your ob, start exercising. Strengthening your core muscles will help a lot, and stretching is great therapy. Feel better!

In brief: Should get better!

Dr. Karen Sibert
Dr. Karen Sibert
Dr. David Edsall
Anesthesiology

In brief: See back doctor

The epidural is a long way from the disc so there is no disc damage but it can cause a black and blue ( usually not) and this is sore but only a few days.
Pushing during delivery can cause disc problems espicially if you pushed with a curved back. This is like lifting with a curved back. You should see if back md if it is more than a week but call anesthesia doctor also.

In brief: See back doctor

Dr. David Edsall
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Core work

Your back pain is probably not related to the epidural but more to the strain pregnancy puts on a woman's back.
See your doctor first and if ok start doing core work like pilates or yoga.

In brief: Core work

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jane Van Dis