Been 6 months and im still trying to recover from heel spur. Have tried exercises, inserts , rest & still lots of pain. Whats next? Am flat footed.

Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: See your doc

If you've been doing all the right things for 6 months without improvement then it may be time to consider other options (injections, formal therapy, surgery).
However, heel pain can last a long time and waiting rarely causes bigger problems if the discomfort is bearable.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Heel spurs

First, most pain from heel spurs come from the plantar fascia, not the spur itself.
Do not let someone talk you into getting surgery. I have been doing ortho for a long time and I have never operated on a heel spur, but i see quite a few of them in practice. I tell patients on day one that it can easily take a year to resolve. Keep on with heel stretching and shoes with a good heel counter.

In brief: Heel spurs

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine