I have on average a 29 day cycle with a 14-16 day period. Could I be ovulating during my period? I have pcos and am 9 mth post partum on 2nd cycle

Rarely. If it is confirmed to be a period and it is not abnormal bleeding or ovulation bleeding usually there is no ovulation during menstruation.
Abnormal bleeding. Abnormal, prolonged bleeding can indicate many different conditions such as pcos, uterine fibroids, or polyps. In women with longer standing absence of ovulation, we can even find precancerous changes on the uterine biopsy. I'd suggest you consider visiting with your physician and having a transvaginal ultrasound. If the uterine lining is thickened, further testing would be needed.
Possibly. Pcos is associated with anovulation (not ovulating) and for that reason with irregular periods. In a normal ovulatory cycle, ovulation happens 14 days before the onset of the next period.
Ovid. Usually pcos causes problems with ovulation and either irregular periods or none at all. You should have some lab work and possibly a ultrasound for further evaluation.
Not normal. Periods do not last 14 to 16 days. If you have pco, then I suspect the bleeding is due to that and the fact that you are not ovulating.