I thought I would be happy after my baby was born, why hasn't it gone away?

Dr. Patricia Rogers

In brief: Depression?

If you've delivered and continue to have the "baby blues" you might want to talk to your obstetrician and see a psychiatrist skilled in post partum depression.
This is especially true if you have a personal or family history of depression. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. Depression post partum is very common and there are a lot of good people who can help you.

In brief: Depression?

Dr. Patricia Rogers
Dr. Patricia Rogers

In brief: Sadness after delivr

The hormonal shifts during pregnancy ?Labor & delivery can do odd things to your thinking.
If you are having feelings of sadness or remorse that it was not as fun as you thought, you need to share those thoughts with your OB or pcp.This is quite common & you can get past it. You may need the docs to medicate you until the hormonal stuff subsides.

In brief: Sadness after delivr

Dr. Cindy Juster