Sometimes during the day my airway gets tighter and its hard for me to breathe but my lungs are fine, and I also have sleep apnea. What could this be?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Not your sleep apnea
This needs further evaluation of heart and lung function.
Any number of medical conditions could cause this.

In brief: Not your sleep apnea
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Kenneth Adler
Could also be related to anxiety
Dr. Steven Reidbord
In brief: Asthma? allergy?
Two possibilities that come to mind are asthma and an environmental allergy of some kind.
But the only way to sort this out is to see a doctor for an in-person evaluation. The sleep apnea could be related, or a separate problem.

In brief: Asthma? allergy?
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Gloria Fong
In brief: Asthma
You are young to have sleep apnea.
Are you using CPAP for your sleep apnea? Has a full pulmonary function test been performed on you. What are you doing when you are having trouble breathing? Does albuterol inhaler help when you are short of breath. If the pulmonary function test is normal then get a 2-d echo to check you heart.

In brief: Asthma
You are young to have sleep apnea.
Dr. Gloria Fong
Dr. Gloria Fong
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology