I tore my calf and achilles tendon 2 weeks ago and past 3 days my foot and ankle have swollen up badly and now my left leg from knee down is bigger than the right one.

In brief: Doctor can examine

A person who has on leg newly swell up, but has no new reason for it, should be evaluated by her doctor or the ER. Treatment depends on the amount of swelling, how fast it is increasing, and the actual cause swelling.
New swelling in only one leg may mean a blood clot in that leg, which can be fatal. That is why ER evaluation is important. Recent injury makes it more easy to get a blood clot.

In brief: Doctor can examine

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine