Risk of working out with spiral fracture metacarpal?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Take some time off

Bone needs astill environment to heal corectly thats what the casts are formetacarpalfrx can fail to heal or healcrooked working out wont help avoid these problems.

In brief: Take some time off

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Bruce Prager
Work out other areas such as your legs and do cardio. You shouldn't lose much of what you previously gained in the 6 weeks it takes for the metacarpal fracture to heal.
Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Depends

First, is the fx displaced or nondisplaced? Did it require any reduction? Let's assume it is a nondisplaced or minimally displaced fx.
It is probably going to be hard to grip anything well with the involved hand especially if it is splinted. I would recommend sticking with legs and abdomen. You should be able to do most cardio except swimming.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine