I had a gastric sleeve 4 weeks ago. Why am  i not losing weight ? I'm only eating 400-800 cal/day & working out. I've only lost 10# from week one.

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Ask your surgeon!

It would be unfair to you and to the person who operated on you to speculate as to this question.
If you, indeed, are having this issue, then by all means, call or visit with your surgeon and get your questions answered. The surgeon deserves the courtesy and you certainly do. Take a list of questions you think of regarding your surgery and post operative period with you to your visit.

In brief: Ask your surgeon!

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Inadequate calories

Most likely you've hit a small plateau.
With your preop and initial postop diet i'm assuming you've already lost 15-20% of your excess weight. The number of calories you're consuming along with the exercise is less than 500cal/day, this is to few to optimally lose weight and your body is going into a conservation mode. Easy up on the exercise while on the postop diet. You'll get thru the plateau.

In brief: Inadequate calories

Most likely you've hit a small plateau.
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Takes 9 months

It takes upto 9 months to achieve your weight loss goal after surgery.
Keep following the doctors dietary recommendation.

In brief: Takes 9 months

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown

In brief: Professional scale

Make sure you use a professional scale to weigh yourself and use the same scale every time.

In brief: Professional scale

Dr. Dino Del Pino
Dr. Dino Del Pino
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine