25yo/F. Can i suddenly have endometriosis? Never had period cramp while on period in my life. Recently hving terrible abdomen,pelvic,back pain (not on period). A doc told me i might have endometriosis.

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice

In brief: Possible

You could have endometriosis.
The primary symptom of this disorder is pelvic pain which is often associated with menstrual periods. Tissue which is similar to the tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus, called the endometrium, grows outside your uterus with this disorder. This is a common condition in women. I strongly encourage you to be examined by a gynecologist. I wish you well!

In brief: Possible

You could have endometriosis.
Dr. Jane Van Dis