I keep waking up with a stiff neck. Is there a specific position I should sleep in to minimize this pain?

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy

Make sure your pillow/s are appropriate.
Sometimes it may help not to use a pillow. If stiffness is rather uncomfortable, a short course of muscle relaxants may be helpful.

Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Neck pillow

I would recommend contoured foam neck pillow to help prevent neck pain and stiffness.

In brief: Neck pillow

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Watch out for bruxis

Sleep related bruxism is where you clinch your teeth or grind them at night, .
Muscle spasm and upper ack pain can result: Clonazepam at night is the medical solution if that is the case, look it up if that's occurring. It's often called TMJ or tmjd by the dentists. It is a dental and anxiety issue and is often missed.

In brief: Watch out for bruxis

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Shontae Buffington