How do gout and rheumatoid arthritis differ?

See below. Gout is the result of high uric acid circulating in blood that deposits in a joint causing acute pain. This can be caused from a over production or an under excretion. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory auto-immune disease that affects multiple joints. A physician will examine you and test for these conditions if necessary.
Very dfferent. Gout is an arthritis caused by urate crystals and usually involves the base of the big toe. Other joints can also be involved. Ra is an autoimmune disease usually characterized by generalized inflammation of large and small joints at the same time. There are numerous other differences.