I am on the Depo-Provera shot and had stopped bleeding but I just had the shot and now have bleeding and pain. I also have endometiosis not sure if related?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Side effects

90 percent of women who use depoprovera will stop getting their period in about 9 months.
Up until that point, irregular bleeding is very common with depoprovera.

In brief: Side effects

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Traci Buxton

In brief: It depends

The depo shot can decrease or stop periods.
Occasionally you may have spotting for several months after you start the depo shot. Endometriosis can also cause increased pelvic pain and bleeding. I would need to know more information in order to answer this question fully but you should see your doctor if your symptoms have worsened.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Traci Buxton
Dr. Adam Levy