I found a left varicocele and a hard module on the right testis. I asked if the lump was a cyst of the epididymis, but he said it was directly on the testis. He did not diagnose; he said to wait until it is 1cm. Do MDs usually not diagnose lumps?

In brief: Follow up with Dr.

A guy in his late teen years with a little lump (<1 cm) outside a testicle is doing the right thing by having his doctor closely examine testes and scrotum. An appendix of a testicle (a small lump near a testicle) might be the lump on the testicle.
No lump growth or change in many years would make it likely non-cancerous. Also, teens are a bit young for cancer there. Doctor can recheck to see.

In brief: Follow up with Dr.

Dr. Arnon Rubin