How do I urge my doctor to look into cushing's disease?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Labs first

I agree with dr nguyen- just wanted to reiterate importance that imaging is not the first step.
The physical exam and blood or urine tests will guide decision about whether imaging with ct or MRI is necessary. Premature imaging can lead to serious, unnecessary procedures and anxiety.

In brief: Labs first

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Have a discussion

Just talk to him or her. Tell him you are concerned about cushing's and woud like to be evaluated.
Most physicians would have no problem proceeding with the workup if requested by a patient. Show him symptoms or signs you currently have that could be caused by cushing's. Remember, the first tests are bloood/urine tests, not mri. Worst come to worst, get a second opinion if the first one refused.

In brief: Have a discussion

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Eric Weisman