I have upper left rib pain when I drink anything, bad pain! also when I’m sleeping and random times of the day. Also when burping right under the left chest for like 3 weeks. It all started with a dull ache in the ribs a few weeks back what is this?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Esophageal

I suspect an esophageal motility disorder including spasm. There may be an element of inflammation as well.
I recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist for evaluation and treatment. In the meantime, in case there is inflammation, avoid alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, spicy foods and try taking a medication like omeprazole until you see the specialist.

In brief: Esophageal

Dr. Vikram Patel