I have been having a fever along with chills and body aches. I also have had a persistent dry cough. This has been going on for two weeks. I do have Asthma. Is this chronic bronchitis or upper respiratory infection? No runny nose or any congestion.

In brief: Hard to guess

Fever, chills, body aches, and cough together are called a flu-like illness.
Many causes exist, mostly infectious, sometimes not. With mild symptoms, we call it a cold or upper respiratory infection. With moderate or severe symptoms, we call it the flu. Sometimes a two-week illness like this is one long illness; other times it's 2 consecutive illnesses. Doctor can examine and listen to the lungs.

In brief: Hard to guess

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Visit with PCP

There is a concern that you may have a lower respiratory tract infection from your description.
Follow your asthma plan as outlined by your physician and you may need a chest radiograph and/or steroids. Additional management may be provided on follow up. In addition, healthtap offers virtual consultations and you can review your history in detail, labs may be ordered and imaging reviewed.

In brief: Visit with PCP

Dr. Vicken Poochikian