Every morning, I have a normal bowel movement. Mildly soft to firm. Then right after maybe 10-30 minutes, I have an urge to go and it is soft stool that is shaped. Is this IBS? Doc thinks I might have it. (Had every test under the sun, all normal).

Dr. Shaban Faruqui
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: High Fiber diet

Bowel habits vary from person to person.
Sudden changes are often harmless, but can indicate an underlying health condition, such as IBS or inflammatory bowel disease.Cardinal symptoms of IBS include abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. The absence of abdominal pain makes the diagnosis of IBS untenable. Your symptoms do not fulfil ROME IV criteria for dx of IBS. Add Fiber in your diet.

In brief: High Fiber diet

Dr. Andrea Brand