Sharp pain hard to breathe when I went to pick up 2 Gallon milk. It was sudden. lasted 2 minutes.Can this be a back injury or a muscle injury already had? Feel as if kick in my side where my lungs and side are my right side between ribcage and hip.

Dr. Adam Esmail-rawji
General (Internal) Medicine

In brief: Yes, possibly

Good morning,

Yes, this could possibly be due to a back injury or muscle injury, but it could be what we call pleurisy, which happens when the lung essentially gets stuck to the ribcage, making it painful to take a deep breath in.
Most of the time, this is "self-limiting" or goes away on its own but if you find it happens more frequently or happens with physical activity, let your PCP know.

In brief: Yes, possibly

Good morning,

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine