I am taking doxycycline and i get stomach cramps after I eat. ?

Dr. Navita Modi

In brief: Donot worry

Sometimes it is a medication side effect or sometime it can be couple of other reasons ,I will advise you to see your PCP or Gastroenterologist

In brief: Donot worry

Dr. Navita Modi
Dr. Navita Modi
Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology

In brief: Take with water

Stomach discomfort is a known side effect of doxycycline.
Taking the medication with food and with a full glass of water may help. As you mentioned, you’re already taking it with food, and if the irritation continues beyond what feels reasonably tolerable to you, you should share your experience with your doctor in order to potentially consider alternative therapy.

In brief: Take with water

Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine